|Description:||Coordinated by the Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy (CBAL), adult literacy programs are offered in various locations in the Boundary area.|
Adult Literacy Coordinator for the Boundary area is Sheila Dobie.
Programs currently include:
- Adult Tutoring Program: One-on-one and group instruction for adults wishing to improve their reading, writing, math and / or computer literacy skills.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Conversation Club: Offers learners a chance to get together for informal sessions filled with word games, reading, storytelling and conversation.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Tutoring Program:Offers one-on-one or group based instruction to individuals seeking to improve and enhance their English language development, both oral and written.
- Lexia: An interactive computer based phonics program that gives adult learners extensive practice in decoding and vocabulary building. The computer sessions are paired with one-to-one tutoring to support the learning.
- Rosetta Stone Learning Software: A fun and interactive computer based English as a Second Language program that gives adult learners a chance to practice their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a natural way. Paired with one-to-one tutoring to support the learning.
- Writig Out Loud: A writing program that improves writing skills and is an invaluable aid in self-discovery and learning to cope with problems.
All Literacy Programs are free of charge
For dates, times and locations: phone or check the website.