Helpful Hints for Searching the On-Line Community Services Directory
- Enter only one or two criteria to start with. Or browse through the different sections to find what you are looking for.
- Community: For services that are based and delivered in
a West Kootenay Boundary community, select a town from the list provided.
NOTE: This will limit your list to those geographically situated in the town. If you are looking for provincial, national or web-based resources, or resources based in a near-by town, do not select a community.
- Text Search (word or phrase): Use a word or phrase
from the name of
the organization, the program or the description of the service that you are
searching for. Entries are searched exactly as entered. Spelling and spaces
count! So does punctuation. A search for "FAIR" will not find "F.A.I.R."
You will get more results if you enter less information. A search for "pregnancy" will leave out entries that use "pregnant" and vice versa. A search for "pregnan" will get both.
Try alternate spellings if you don't find what you are looking for.
- Category and Sub-category: Entries are grouped into
categories and sub-categories, based on the service offered. The categories
are the same as the Table of Contents for the Print Directory.
The sub-category drop-down box is blank until a category is chosen. You can choose only a category, if you like!
A complete breakdown of the categories - including a third level not searchable here - is found here.
- Buy the book! The printed directory is available, and has a good table of contents and index.
Email us with any suggestions or questions: